Monday, January 10, 2011

We Get Phone Calls

Much of my job is handling phone calls from the homeowners and residents.  Most are questions about services or requests for maintenance, but every once in a while, we get some unusual ones.  Just in the past week or so, I've gotten a couple of odd ones, and I thought I would share.

A woman called the office today to report a bird sitting in her front yard.  I know it's Chicago in the winter, but birds DO that. 

I also got another report today of patio chairs that had been thrown onto the pond which is frozen, but not enough to hold the weight of a person.

Also today, a homeowner called to tell me of a neighbor plowing his own driveway with a blade on his pickup truck. There was less than one inch of snow on the ground and this was a condo complex that pays a service to plow.


Last week, I got a call from a resident who came home to find that a deer had gone through the window of his condo.
Another report came in of "white stuff" on a homeowner's driveway.  Really, in Chicago in December.  Wonder what it could be.  Turns out, it was paint.

Wonder what Tuesday will bring...

No comments:

Post a Comment